Business Development Manager
Content is king, as they say, but not all content (or job descriptions) are equally appealing to today’s digitally-savvy, time-strapped audiences.
For more than a decade, EX.CO has been helping publishers and brands engage their audiences with the most relevant digital experiences that drive measurable results. If you’ve taken a poll, trivia, survey or engaged with any dynamic video content in the past 10 years, chances are you’ve already experienced our industry-leading technology. What you likely haven’t seen is the unparalleled wealth of unique audience insights we can then provide our partners on the backend.
With a growing roster of premium, global clients (think CBS, Netflix, Macy’s, Lego, ESPN, HuffPost, VICE) and backing from great investors like Disney and Saban Ventures, we’re primed to expand our team with more exceptional talent.
Are you an innovative & creative self-starter who is amazing to work with? If yes, this job could be for you.
● Based out of UK, with a primary focus on publisher acquisition in DE/NL/IT
● Develop a sales strategy and business plan for generating revenue through mid-tier, premium media houses, publishers and websites, in the assigned EU markets.
● Prospect new clients (publishers), including and closing new accounts.
● Host online, phone and in-person pitches and presentations.
● Maintaining the technical expertise and product knowledge necessary to generate sales. Maintain in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape and market trends whilst providing product feedback.
● Work in collaboration with Product, Account Management and Ad-Operations groups to develop new advertising formats and introduce these to the publishing market.
● Directly cultivate relationships with large digital publishers, audience owners and media companies. Interactions will be based on calls, meetings, event participation.
● Contribute to special projects and company strategic initiatives.
● Achieving sales quotas and ambitious quarterly targets within a defined territory.
It will be awesome if you have:
- Fluency in either German, Dutch or Italian is a must. It will be advantageous, to have fluency in another EU language as the role is primarily focused on growing our business across EU countries.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the ad-tech industry preferably in publisher sales. Experience with video advertising technology is a big plus.
- Fundamental understanding of the programmatic ecosystem, publisher landscape and the online advertising industry.
- Understanding of common ad-server implementations, programmatic video & advertising products.
- Previous experience successfully signing deals, driving revenue through prospecting, pitching, negotiating and renewing business with mid-tier & premium digital publishers.
- Experience pitching to key publisher stakeholders from editorial and commercial teams.
- Existing 'Rolodex' of relationships within digital Publishers and media houses across the EU
- Self-disciplined with the ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills and familiarity with media buying jargon.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, goal and target-oriented executor that desires to be a key contributor and strong team player.