Senior Legal Counsel
When was the last time you really read an article (or a job description) from beginning to end? EX.CO is a tech platform for engaging content experiences, changing the way content and advertising are created and consumed, globally. In the past 7 years, we have been making magic with the world’s biggest advertisers and publishers (CBS, Unilever, Netflix, Macy’s, Lego, Huffpost, ESPN, Major League Baseball and many more). Using our platform, they serve editorial and branded content that their audiences actually choose to consume - rather than avoid - and get unique audience insights for targeting and segmentation. We are backed by great investors like Disney and Saban Ventures, and we have 4 offices worldwide.
- Managing and advising on the full range of legal issues ranging from: corporate, privacy, employment, IP, to complex contracts.
- Work closely with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
- Select, manage and drive best value from external law firms.
- Design, build and maintain legal and regulatory policies and precedents
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing various commercial agreements and transactional documentations.
- Managing global intellectual property matters including the Group’s IP.
- Supporting business activities and objectives and providing related legal analysis.
- Providing commercial legal advice to the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Analyzing and identifying legal risks and implications.
- Preparing and delivering appropriate training across company departments.
- Handling ad-hoc assignments.
- Law degree/license to practice law in IL or US.
- Experience of minimum 3-5 years working as an in-house legal counsel in a high-tech/startup company (practicing both commercial and corporate law).
- Significant experience with IP law (e.g., DMCA, EU Directive, etc.)
- Significant privacy experience, specifically with GDPR and CCPA.
- Knowledgeable with various commercial law matters, including commercial contract negotiations, drafting and reviewing.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, work on short lead times and meet tight deadlines.
- CIPP certification
- Significant experience and knowledge of Israeli, US and UK law
- English at mother tongue level
- Experience in SaaS
- Experience in adtech and/or martech
- Experience with ESOP