Head of Content Strategy
ExCo, a fast-paced, high growth, venture-backed start-up with 4 offices worldwide, is looking for a creative, ambitious, and experienced, senior content wizard for our owned and operated content sites (Playbuzz.com and others), to join the ExCo’s team, reporting to ExCo’s VP of Business operations.
This position offers a unique opportunity to act as the chief editor and lead the content and marketing strategy for ExCo’s owned and operated sites, directing content creation for Playbuzz.com and additional sites, managing writers and freelancers and being a major part of defining our social media and video creation strategy, all in order to help increase revenues from.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead ExCo’s content creation and content strategy for our O&O sites (Playbuzz.com and others).
- Manage content writers, editors and creative freelancers to ensure they create content that is relatable to the relevant audience, has viral potential and makes great use of the Playbuzz formats and products.
- Lead our content creation strategy for ExCo’s social media channels, including written content and video content that users will care about and want to share with others.
- Lead the strategy and budget for our O&O content operations, manage hiring, and provide monthly performance reports.
- Create and implement a strategy for ExCo’s content optimization to improve revenue performance and reach revenue goals.
- Lead daily/weekly brainstorming sessions with other teams to bring fresh ideas and concepts that will excite our audience.
- Identify relevant trends in viral content and social video and respond to them quickly and creatively.
- Work closely with our O&O team (ad ops , media buy and R&D) in Tel Aviv on defining what additional content websites we want to open to reach our goals, then plan strategy, hiring and budget for the creative side of each.
- Be a leading member of ExCo’s global content operations.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, start-up environment, think quickly, strategically and creatively to meet short deadlines.
- 4+ years experience in a leading creative role for a major digital publisher, managing creative and social strategy (written and video content) and leading a creative team.
- Experience driving organic traffic through key social and other channels and understanding the different types of content that make an impact in each of these channels.
- Passion and experience creating engaging digital content with proven results that can be translated into revenue.
- Natural curiosity about viral trends and what makes people click and share certain content, and how to create such experiences. Typically being the first person to spot what everyone is talking about online.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and bring them to the finish line.
- Strong management skills, ability to lead a global team of in-house and remote authors and provide them with constant creative feedback.
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge about advertising in online publishers and it’s capabilities.