Head of Strategic Business Development
When was the last time you really read an article (or a job description) from beginning to end?
EX.CO is a tech platform for engaging content experiences that deliver business results, changing the way content is created and consumed, globally. In the past 8 years, we have been making magic with the world’s biggest brands and publishers (CBS, Unilever, Netflix and many more). Using our platform, they serve content that their audiences actually choose to consume - rather than avoid - and get unique audience insights for targeting and segmentation. We are backed by great investors like Disney and Saban Ventures, and we have 4 offices worldwide.
Do you love to build, innovate and disrupt? If so, you better read this one.
You have strong business acumen and can quickly analyze and understand the most critical elements of the industry. You’re driven by a bigger business vision, always seeing 5 steps ahead, passionate about driving growth and change and have proven experience driving business results for different companies.
As the Head of Strategic Business Development, you will report to the CEO of EX.CO. In your role, you will turn industry, competitive and trend intelligence into tangible value for the organization. Your primary responsibilities will include sourcing, identifying, evaluating, valuing, structuring and negotiating opportunities to drive EX.CO’s growth.
Long story short, you will:
- Build and nurture strong relationships internally and externally to optimize and facilitate execution of short and long-term opportunities.
- Develop a compelling view of EX.CO’s future, breaking through opportunities that might arise by building and nurturing strong connections and partnerships.
- Provide support to the CEO, including assessing incoming inquiries, determining the proper course of action, and delegating to the appropriate resources.
- Explore the market for potential targets that could be a strategic fit for EX.CO
- Build and maintain an extensive network of industry contacts to secure executive-level meetings and intros.
- Obtain and evaluate information about industry and market trends, competitive threats and possible business opportunities to help identify and drive cross-functional initiatives that improve EX.CO’s profitability.
- Collaborate with the CEO and cross-functional management team to formulate a multiyear inorganic growth strategy and plan.
It will be awesome if you have:
- 7-10 years of experience in a related role, including advanced-level experience in business and functional management, preferably in the online media industry.
- Experience in consulting firms or strategic BD departments in global enterprise companies.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across the business with VP/C level executives.
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including sharing ideas and information across diverse audiences and making presentations in order to drive business decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in corporate development, M&A - an advantage.
- Enthusiastic, self-confident, humble, exceptional work ethic, intellectually curious to challenge, debate and clarify assumptions.