Business Development Director
EX.CO, a fast-paced, high-growth venture backed start-up, is looking for a Business Development Director to join its growing Publisher Sales Team. Based in New York, this position offers a unique opportunity for an experienced publisher sales or business development professional to join a growing team to expand the business with new revenue partnerships.
- Develop a sales strategy and business plan for generating revenue through mid-tier, premium publishers, websites and media owners/platforms.
- Prospect new clients (publishers), including the ability to qualify and close new accounts.
- Host online, phone and in-person pitches and presentations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of competitive landscape and market trends whilst providing product feedback.
- Work in collaboration with Product, Account Management and Ad-Operations groups to develop new advertising formats and introduce these to the publishing market.
- Directly cultivate relationships with large digital publishers, audience owners and media companies. Interactions will be based on calls, meetings, event participation.
- Contribute to special projects and company strategic initiatives.
It will be awesome if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in the ad-tech industry preferably in publisher sales, business development or other sales positions with a focus on selling to publishers.
- Previous experience successfully signing deals, driving revenue through prospecting, pitching, negotiating and renewing business with mid-tier & premium digital publishers.
- Network of digital publishers, direct connection to high trafficked entities.
- Fundamental understanding of the programmatic ecosystem, publisher landscape and the online advertising industry
- Understanding of common ad-server implementations, programmatic video & advertising products.
- Strong communication skills and familiarity with the media buying jargon
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, goal and target oriented executor that desires to be a key contributor and strong team player