Content is king, as they say, but not all content (or job descriptions) are equally appealing to today’s digitally-savvy, time-strapped audiences.
For more than a decade, EX.CO has been helping publishers and brands engage their audiences with the most relevant digital experiences that drive measurable results. If you’ve taken a poll, trivia, survey or engaged with any dynamic video content in the past 10 years, chances are you’ve already experienced our industry-leading technology. What you likely haven’t seen is the unparalleled wealth of unique audience insights we can then provide our partners on the backend.
With a growing roster of premium, global clients (think CBS, Netflix, Macy’s, Lego, ESPN, HuffPost, VICE) and backing from great investors like Disney and Saban Ventures, we’re primed to expand our team with more exceptional talent. Are you an innovative & creative self-starter who is amazing to work with? If yes, this job could be for you.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Be part of our growing sales team, while operating fully independently in managing your own business
- Prospect new clients (publishers), including the ability to qualify and close new accounts
- Develop a sales strategy and business plan for generating revenue through mid-tier and premium publishers and websites, as well as media owners/platforms
- Host online, phone and in-person pitches and presentations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of competitive landscape and market trends whilst providing product feedback
- Work in collaboration with Product, Account Management and Ad-Operations groups to develop new advertising formats and introduce these to the publishing market
- Directly cultivate relationships with large digital publishers, audience owners and media companies. Interactions will be based on calls, meetings, event participation. Role requires a 5%-10% travel
- Contribute to special projects and company strategic initiatives
- 3+ years of experience in the ad-tech industry preferably in publisher sales, business development or other sales positions with a focus on selling to publishers
- Proven track record signing deals with mid-tier and premium digital publishers directly
- Network of digital publishers, direct connection to high trafficked entities (preferred but not required)
- Understanding of common ad-server implementations, programmatic video and advertising products
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, goal and target oriented executor
- Strong communication skills and familiarity with the media buying jargon
- Previous experience successfully driving revenue through prospecting, pitching, negotiating, closing and renewing business
- Have previous experience and an entrepreneurial spirit that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products and begin generating revenue
- A strong desire to learn and adapt in an ever-changing industry
- Self-starter that desires to be a key contributor and strong team player
- Fundamental understanding of the programmatic ecosystem, publisher landscape and the online advertising industry